Monday, March 1, 2010

Milan Fashion Week 2010 Womenswear - Etro

Yippie...Etro Etro Etro Etro...I know you can hear my loud banter from across I.P addresses across the world, yes, this is what good fashion does to me, this is what Etro always happens to achieve, good, better yet, great fashion. Sigh, Etro is everything I believe in and is definitely becoming my leading designer for both menswear and womenswear with their last few collections shown.

Alright, enough of my self confession of my love of all things Etro, lets get started on this current showing at Milan fashion week fall/winter 2010. This is honestly the best trip to Shanghai ever, visually it was so inspired and not in that cliche way, it had kimono dresses with the most interesting twists, beautiful Asian prints with some of the most soothing colours i've seen this season (*sigh don't I sound biased, although it is nothing but the truth). The colour palette is just astounding with so many colours I won't even start to state them, just lets say again, the best i've seen this season.

Don't think it ended there with it being overly feminine with those prints and dresses, another side of Shanghai was channeled with military now becoming the forefront, and again "I die", it was brilliance, the jackets, the coats, the suits just kept everything flying high.

Now onto the details of this collection, the icing and the cherry on top this beautiful cake of fashion, they had patterned leggings, an amazing jewelry-esque thing around the necklines of some pieces, sorta tribal like and then, the drop earrings. Another interesting detail was Etro's use of fur, yes fur jackets were shown but I speak of the fox tails dangling from a suit and a coat, wow...only Etro!

Anyway as you already know I will say, it was the best collection for the season, and it is in my eyes, but now its for you to let me know what you think, actually it really doesn't matter(*and that it is not that I don't value your opinion, cause I do but...) because I stand behind the genius that is, Etro and nothing could make me think twice of my words in this post!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment