Thursday, June 17, 2010

Resort 2011 - Alexander Wang

Yes...Its Wang's turn...Alexander Wang has been no stranger to my reviews and with that said, I never once went easy on the chosen one. I must say before I have been incredibly shocked about how his clothing has grown on me, at first what I saw as madness just became unprecedented genius but can he produce something else now, or is he sticking to his new found inspiration horse and riding it until the "media" decides we have had enough.

This collection is pretty edgy much like the last two we have seen with the cutouts, the belly outs, the pleating, the over-sized knits and the sportswear, oh well, you know that saying, "don't fix it if it ain't want fixing", well that's not quite it but you get what I'm saying. Its a great collection with the introduction of some new colours, new travel ready fabrics such a jacquard and mesh pieces, oh and the well approved removal of the velvet, so clap here and clap there for Mr.Wang. Truth is, I can't wait to see people on the streets and the editorial shots of these pieces because believe it or not, its where this stuff really shines!

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment