Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Resort 2011 - Chanel

"Now, this is real resort wear" noted my mom, yeah I know she may not be a critic or really not that interested in fashion but she is a real woman, a real woman who could be a future consumer of the same collection that I am now going to throw my reviewing chops at. Chanel, is always known for its very high budget runway shows and should we expect less from Karl Lagerfeld, really? A man who has had some of the most beautiful and famous muses in the world as his own, some whom he actually made their careers; surprisingly this one is much more attire focused.

Anyway, onto the collection, lets begin with the first look, a beautiful full length flowing dress with flowing sleeves, a fresh colourful print and sandals in hand, it was to be the start of a collection which would feel like a breath of fresh air! Most looks came down the runway absent of shoes, as to give you a feeling of an escape to a paradise. The tone of the collection remained refreshingly light with more lively prints, ruffles, cute jumpsuits, and everything allowing the wind to lift it as it pleases. Suddenly, other avenue of spring/summer was opened with more colours but now in bold stripes and colour blocking, then another road of inspiration, with a softer version of a monochromatic female safari inspired woman graced the catwalk, all barefooted of course.

Honestly, I am very sorry about how in detail I've started in comparison to where I am about to go now, but with eighty-seven looks with so much different directions showcased, it is only fair to you and myself, that I try to sum this incredible array of Chanel up; oh don't stake my when you see me, I'm sure you would have done the same if you were in my position. Lets get to it then...embroidered faded denim, sheers, checkered is here to stay (well, at least if Karl has a say in it anyway), also seen was a fishnet-esque coat thrown over the swimwear, yes, so much to talk about but should I really be complaining when its all actually pretty good!

Alright, this is the part you have been waiting on, the moment where I found something to keep me writing but this time with more enthusiasm than anguish, yup, there is one, a good one too. Chanel managed to keep the classic quality that is found in the their suit and make it resort wear, with the types of fabrics chosen to the creative mind of "channeling" it into a jumpsuit, even having it in a shorts version, I found that to be quite refreshing.

Although I stated that i have found new life in extending my review, I will quit while I am ahead, say to you, it has been a daunting ride of beautiful clothing but collections of this stature, make a whole heap of editorial pain in the rear end and in the ego, it is as if I have bitten off way more than I could have possibly chewed!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment