Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Resort 2011 - Derek Lam

After my run in with Chanel, I was actually pretty unamused about the other reviews to follow but I am very happy that i put my horrible thoughts aside, my almost career ending debacle behind me and opened my eyes to Derek Lam. This collection was so minimalist, so simple, so precise and that put all of my senses back to a place of peace, which is exactly how I should feel reviewing resort collections.

The colours were sometimes electrifying, calm at other times, everything was above the knee, but with all that said, it was refined, it was a vision that seen,set and conquered. Lots of cocktail dresses and just everyday chic clothing, it was a collection the designer said was inspired from the architects he works with that do miniture dolls of his actual models for a showcase in his studio, so it has a certain charm to it that was quite hand crafted, for example the eyelets and the materials chosen, although that was certainly not the only inspiration because some safari looks were seen as well, with the pockets by the bosom.

Overall, a quaint, refreshing, refined and youthful collection by Derek Lam with some worthy accessories.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment