Wednesday, February 17, 2010

NYC FW 2010 Womenswear - Michael Kors

Michael Kors, hmmm...Let me be honest, I was never a fan and I thought I would never be one either, but things change, parliament changes, weather changes yet I still never thought I would love anything by Michael Kors.

Imagine, the shock I received when I was saw this Fall/Winter collection, it was that of unbelievable awe, it was my first time I was mesmerized by Michael Kors creativity, it was such a moment for me. Yes, it was still classic americano but it was sexy with the sheers, splits up to the panty line & the deep v necklines, it had edge with the oversized looks, but the class was held with the fabrics chosen, the luxe of each piece was the key to keeping everything together and he did it oh so well!

Alas, you may think I would fall victim to another womenswear designer pushing out a menswear line but it was quite refreshing to see, especially from one who I wouldn't have cared to review in the past. Everything was desirable, well everything except for this horrible silver metallic puffer trench coat, *puke* if you do puffer don't make it so noticeable, but on the sweet note of Rihanna singing (*haha I said that because we know she isn't the best singer, brilliant artist but singing hmph...we know better, one might even compare the two in their different realms), they were some jackets I would do almost anything to have as a part of my closet of dream keepers, yes thats what I call my clothing.

Well...after seeing that I could fall in love with something by Michael Kors, and this is not a testament of his ability as a designer but he just never sparked anything in me...I have renewed faith in the world...and I leave this post with the biggest smile yet on my little face!

Womenswear:



Oh btw...if you remember Victoria Beckham's Collection, there is a tan dress with a scowl neck off the shoulder that is similar...I think she should wear Michael Kors to the Oscars because he did it way better...Sorry VB...

Menswear:

No comments:

Post a Comment