Monday, February 1, 2010

Soon my journey will continue...Toronto Fall 2010!(*Early Heads Up)

Hey everyone, I am so excited that my journey is set to continue in the lovely city of Toronto...yeah, you are probably saying, Toronto, is that even considered a fashion city? Haha,as far as I know it really isn't. At first, I was dreading another place with traditional norms of fashion, and fashion in Toronto, on first glance is pretty much that; its a lot of girls in sweatpants, TNA bags and UGGS...aren't those all crimes? I am sure somewhere in the world, you would be hanged for putting all three of those things together. Funny thing is, I actually sat and pondered about all the fashion I would be missing in London, New York, LA, Paris, Milan or even, Berlin, all the amazing styles, uniqueness, self expression, stylistic imagination...damn, its a big trade off for UGGS and clones...

Anyway, as you know, I did my research, it started with seeing what fashion magazines were published from Toronto, not much at all and that continued my disappointment, then the street fashion, out of every five, only one and half persons sparked any sort of excitement in my fashion bone. Then I decided to look at vintage clothing, not expecting much, I was surprisingly blown away, so much amazing vintage stores, a part of me is wishing I was there right now to rummage through all of them; seeing this just made me happy for a second because although its an incredible find, its not quite like seeing all the different designers in the places I named earlier. With a little ray of hope shining down upon me, I decided to look deeper, and it only got better, I stumbled onto this amazing designer by the name of Philip Sparks and immediately fell in love, he is like a canadian Trussardi, simple but with a twist, that special twist that will always keep you happy and coming back for more.

My discovery of Philip Sparks, led me to alot of the industry's fashion elite and a smile just ran from one side of my face to the other, it felt like getting free clothing(*ahhhh that's pushing it, I am sure free clothing would be a 100 times better, none the less, it was a great feeling); It was like finding a hidden treasure, I saw the individuality of London, the refined classic approach of Milan and the edge of new york & Paris, I was truly delighted that this was where I would continue my blogging journey and my life journey, because although Toronto isn't noted for anything fashion worthy, I see that it has a great set of potential and is definitely a hidden gem!



Philip Sparks...Fall 2009 & Spring 2010! Just giving you a peep of the talent! That someday I hope to have the opportunity to be around, to learn from, to help grow with and just to utilize my stylistic imagination in any way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment