Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menswear FW 2010 - Paris Second Set

Okay...I'm back. I am honestly sorry that I took so long to show you the rest of Paris Fashion Week Menswear but it took me a while to find my stride after such an amazing Milan Fashion Week, with that blowing my mind and having such a similar aesthetic to mine. Anyway, I got over my incredibly selfish mood and have decided to look outside of my realm and accept that Paris, is very experimental and very individual!

So far, on my journey through Paris, I have showed you five interesting collections, Adam Kimmel, Dries Van Noten, Jean Paul Gaultier, Louis Vuittion and Victor & Rolf, yeah, i wasn't too thrilled before but after some fashion soul searching, I think you will be happy to see my new found enthusiasm.

Alright lets start with Ann Demeulemeester!

Rock, Rough and Unique, the usual description for this amazing designer and this collection is no step back...with slim bottom pants with potato sack waistbands add that slouch feel that rocker boys require and rocker chic girls adore. Such interesting fabric choices, amazing construction, an array of jackets(some which I really want myself) with great necklines...so much fun! Although the colour palette was limited mainly to black, it wasn't much of a let down because it is very much expected with Ann Demeulemeester, so all in all, it was rad.



A unique twist with Comme de Garcons:

Its funkified, its Comme de Garcons, is the go to brand for self expressed fashionistas who don't let anyone bring them down. This collection is really true to their aesthetic with its many unique traits such as funky neon colour socks and shoes, four piece suits with shorts over trousers and patterns to spark your interest, also padded jackets were a staple that could be found in this collection(*funny story, last night I was preparing to go clubbing and I wanted to wear a plaid shirt back to front because it had an interesting checkered interfacing but my only dilemma was that the military pockets gave it a bulge on the chest but not in a natural position, now its so funny to see that its a designer's new it thing.) I am sure you over the top expressive fashion lovers will be at home with CdG's Fall/Winter 2010 Menswear.


Continued Infatuation with Dior Homme:

"And I rock this sh*t like fashion as in...going till they say stop", I love Dior Homme, the slick, youthful, well constructed tailoring with an edge. This collection has that edge with really great almost floor length trench coats and great swoop closing jackets that added such intense interest, also snood necks. It has superb basics and simple design, such a refreshing break from the overly exaggerated ideas and silhouettes. Ya Just Gotta Love Kris Van Assche!


Game Stepped up...Dunhill:

A smile upon my face as I write this small critique of Dunhill Fall/Winter 2010 Menswear, a smile that I wasn't sure would accompany me through this night of writing but the unbelievable well put together gentleman look with an interesting twist came along. The colours are soothing and definitely there, as opposed to the previous collections reviewed, sharp tailoring with great styling such as an amazing trend with the socks over the trousers(*haha I did it before), then folded detailing through the socks and sleeves, also the fabric choices were stellar and gave so much texture. Dunhill definitely gave me hope of a new addiction and alot of great accessories such as bags, boots, ties and belt additions.


Paris is really beginning to make me happy again!


Closing this chapter is...Givenchy:

Simplicity at the greatest, unbeliavably constructed, I want it all...well maybe except the spandex black tights(*I am guessing its a small blessing in those cold countries, is it really?? Well they were cool back in the renaissance days!)and the skorts(skirt shorts...really? could you just stop pushing that). Everything fits so well, so slim, its my forte most definitely, the jackets were fresh and exciting, the trousers were unique and became a coverted piece for me from this collection. Another detail was the biblical influence of could be controversial pieces like the Jesus is Lord t-shirt and a chain that looks like Jesus' crucifix head dress; Lets see how it all goes with the overly analytical public. I really like this collection and again, I want it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment