Monday, January 25, 2010

Menswear FW 2010 - Paris Third Set

I'm onto the next one!

Paris is really now beginning to excite my creative mind, I'm enjoying the street style, the runway shows look amazing, some of the collections are so individual but, its a really good thing to let yourself think outside the box(*I think more people should do this...the world would be full of less hate!). Anyway, its time for five more reviews...

Beginning at Hermes:

...Hermes...known for the amazing bags with such strong heritage and construction, well, if they keep this up, soon it'll be known for exceptional menswear too! Finally in Paris, I see great use of colour, the croc jackets are nearly to die for(*I know it is expected because everyone secretly wishes for a $9000 & Up Berkin Bag...impeccable leather quality), the collection is classic as is Hermes but young and fresh as well.


Onto a show with John Galliano:

The king of runway shows?? is it too much to say...no, it'll probrably still be a big understatement with Galliano. Theatrics is the name of the game, so out there is his aesthetic, but don't be fooled...no matter, how much you see a futuristic pirates of the caribbean(*the make-up and the boots) gone sherlock holmes(*amazing suits, jackets and coats) and then really funky oriental(*the colours, sumo-like underwear, and the obvious oriental prints)...if you decipher this collection as I did...you will find amazing work. Construction that is so good, silhouettes that are so unique, yeah, a bit of over the top pieces here and there but...what keeps you talking...an a-line dress or a guy in a bustier! With Galliano, you learn to look beyond what you see, and trust me, when you achieve that, you just see pure brillance(*well sometimes).


Classically following is Junya Watanabe:

So full of confidence, this collection; it has amazing everything but lets start with the shoes...what says more classic than wingtips?? hmmm or wingtip sneakers...? This is what i call great reinvention. Next onto the outerwear, each seems to have its only life or persona, great parkas, great formal jackets, casual jackets and all classic with a lil hint of excitement. The fit of most things was exceptional and i can definitely see myself salivating over alot of the looks from this collection, its great...its maybe even a bit cocky.


Kris Van Assche:

Needs no fancy introduction, he is already the man! Yup, he is the man you go to if you want some definite hard hitting street wear with a grungy urbanite feel. Basics with amazing tailoring & fabrics is what you are getting here, pieces that can be mixed with so many things to create an array of amazing looks with that appearance of tough luxe. The boots are really nice as well, also I'm digging the rasta like tam, yeah for all those who know me, I have always had this small infatuation with dreads! So another well deserved round of applause for my dude...Kris Van Assche!



Now...completed with Lanvin:

Yay...What a wonderful world...we live in...well at times, and by times I mean when you watch a runway show and just get transported to a place where you wish everything, okay I am getting ahead of myself...where you wish most things looked like Lanvin's Fall Winter 2010 Menswear. This collection would make me experiment much more with my style, because I was so drawn to the eclectic looks, just amazing I say...it wasn't a wide range of colours but what was there made you feel as if it was enough, the design aspect was amazingly fly, honestly...I'm just in love and slightly confused of why! Hmmm...maybe it's a good thing, to be put in such a state of emotional wreckage by clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment